To copy the MoodleBox system on your microSD card, we recommend to use the Raspberry Pi Imager utility. This application is published by the Raspberry Pi Foundation.
How to proceed
- Download the latest version of the Raspberry Pi Imager utility and install it on your computer.
- Launch the Raspberry Pi Imager application.
- Click Choose OS under Operating System.
- Scroll down and select the Other specific purpose OS.
- Scroll down, select the MoodleBox, then choose the latest MoodleBox disk image version.
- Click Choose Storage and select your microSD card.
- Click the button with the cog icon, and specify the settings you want for your MoodleBox (see screenshot below, other options can be left unchanged):
- Indicate the hostname, e.g. moodlebox
- Check the Enable SSH box and the option Use password authentication
- Indicate the username et the password, e.g. moodlebox and Moodlebox4$
- Click on Save.
- Click on Write, then answer Yes to the question Are you sure you want to continue?.
The application Raspberry Pi Imager will now download and flash the latest version of the MoodleBox disk image to your microSD card. This may take several minutes depending on the speed of your Internet connection and SD card.
Alternative procedure for advanced users
You can download the disk image manually, then use another tool to flash the MoodleBox disk image, e.g. Raspberry Pi Imager, BalenaEtcher or